The rEvolver Festival runs from May 11-22, and is dedicated to providing presenting opportunities to emerging professional theatre makers both locally and nationally. Past rEvolver Festivals have included world premieres of hit shows as Jordan Hall’s Kayak, Delinquent Theatre’s Stationary: A Recession-Era Musical (which featured as part of The Cultch’s 2014/15 season) and Mind of a Snail’s Caws and Effect, the shadow puppet hit of the 2015 festival.
This year’s programming represents the rich diversity of voices, aesthetics, and styles among Vancouver and Canadian emerging professional theatre makers. From immigrant stories as a live boxing match to technologically guided meditation to mesmerizing narrative juggling, 2016 is a high-water mark for stylistic exploration at rEvolver. Join Upintheair Theatre in seeing all that this incredible community of artists has to offer.
* Happiness TM (May Can Theatre, Ottawa)
* Kolejka (star star theatre, Vancouver)
* Mis Papas (rice & beans theatre, Vancouver)
* Never the Last (Delinquent Theatre, Vancouver)
* The New Conformity (Cause and Effects Circus, Vancouver)
* okay.odd. (Hong Kong Exile, Vancouver)
* Silenced (Urban Ink Emerging Artists’ Collective, Vancouver)
* Beowulf, Marc Castellini (Vancouver)
* Booth Connection, The Biting School (Vancouver)
FOUNDER’S LOUNGE CABARET EVENTS:
* Charisma Furs, Katie Sly (Toronto)
* I want to tell you something, Caroline Sniatynski (Vancouver)
* Storytelling, Riel Hahn Presents, Riel Hahn (Vancouver)
* Demostage Upintheair Theatre (Vancouver) – FREE
* Ta Gueule Translation and Workshop Series, BoucheWHACKED! Theatre Collective & Ruby Slippers Theatre (Vancouver) – BY DONATION
* The Updrafts Reading Series – BY DONATION
Excited by what you see? There are a number of different ways you can purchase tickets!
- With the 6-show flex pass, the passholder can see up to six individual shows, take five friends to one show, or any combination in between!
- If you can’t see 6 shows, you can still save by purchasing a 3-show pass instead!
- And of course individual tickets are available both through The Cultch’s Box Office and at the door.