First and foremost, we hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy during these troubling times.
It is with heavy hearts that The Cultch has closed all of our public spaces, including all three theatre venues (York Theatre, Historic Theatre, Vancity Culture Lab) as well as the Gallery and box offices until further notice.
2019/20 Season updates:
- Theatre Replacement’s MINE (Mar 18-22). We are working to live-stream select performances of this week’s production of MINE so you can watch from the safety and comfort of your own home. We are committed to bringing you live performance and hope you can take this opportunity to share a special moment with your family and friends while supporting the incredible work of our friends at Theatre Replacement. The live-stream will be available on Theatre Replacement’s Facebook page on Thursday, March 19 at 7pm, Friday, March 20 at 7pm, and Saturday, March 21 at 2pm. This is a new experiment for us so please stay tuned to The Cultch and Theatre Replacement’s social media for updates.
- Neworld Theatre’s The Boy in the Moon (Mar 31-Apr 11) is postponed (dates TBA).
- Briefs (Apr 14-May 2) and Briefs: Brat Kids Carnival (Apr 19, 26, & May 3) are postponed (dates TBA)
- The Cultch Fundraising Gala (Apr 25) is postponed (date TBA)
- Our IGNITE! Youth Festival (Apr 27-May 3) is postponed (dates TBA)
- The following rental events have been postponed (dates TBA): The Manifestation Tour, Access Futures, The Official Cissy Book Launch, Vancouver Badass Film Festival, Buffy Prom, Sedna.
- The following rental events have been cancelled: Light Rapid Transit, Tango Argentino, Chor Leoni Cadillac Cathedral, Verses Festival.
What does this mean for the future of The Cultch?
The current situation has placed our beloved Cultch in serious jeopardy. We don’t have the ability to withstand this sudden loss of income and we need your continued patronage and support at this time.
As a charitable live performance centre, we rely on the support of our community, patrons, and donors like you for over 70% of our revenue – your support, especially in tough times like these, helps us keep live performance alive on our stages.
My heart is warmed by the resilience and support that you have shown to us and one another in recent days. Now more than ever, if it is within your means, please help us weather this extraordinary storm.
Your support will ensure that we can be here for all of you in the days to come.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. With you by our side, The Cultch will be there for everyone when this is all over.
Take care and be well,
Heather Redfern | Executive Director, The Cultch
You can help us get through this difficult time by:
- Making a donation to The Cultch
- Becoming a monthly donor
- Purchasing your 20/21 Season subscription when they go on sale
Information for ticket holders
We ask for your patience as you wait to be contacted. During this time, we are offering extra flexibility for our patrons:
1. Receive an account credit for future productions.
2. Donate your ticket back to The Cultch and receive a tax receipt. Please ask for info about individual rental productions.
3. Ticket holders for postponed shows will receive updated tickets once new dates have been chosen.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept incoming phone calls at this time. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We anticipate that email volume will be high for the next couple of weeks, so we thank you in advance for your patience as we respond to your inquiries.