Next week, we’re thrilled to welcome back Upintheair Theatre for the third annual rEvolver Theatre Festival. The rEvolver Festival runs from May 20-31, and is dedicated to providing presenting opportunities to emerging theatre companies both locally and nationally. Past rEvolver Festivals have included such shows as Kayak (seen at the Firehall Arts Centre in January) and Stationary: A Recession-Era Musical which played last month at The Cultch!
This year’s festival line-up reflects the dynamic and distinct work being created in the theatre community on a national level. From the comedic to the confounding, the festival will present works that explore the dynamics of human relationships, classical myth with a musical twist, modern fable, new world orders, historic journeys and elements of risk taking.
The 2015 rEvolver Festival Mainstage is:
- The Art of Building a Bunker; Adam Lazarus and Guillermo Verdecchia (Toronto)
- Balls; Groupe Ad Hoc and Stages Theatre Co. (Vancouver)
- Caws and Effect; Mind of a Snail (Vancouver)
- Double Recessive; by Jordan Lloyd Watkins(Vancouver)
- Hell of a Girl; Jeff Gladstone & The Bad Ideas (Vancouver)
- Mr. Snortoose and the Machine-Children’s Machine; by Elysse Cheadle (Vancouver)
- The Peaceful Sea; Theatre Elsewhere (Vancouver)
- The Progressive Polygamists; Pippa Mackie and Emmelia Gordon (Vancouver)
Excited by what you see? There are a number of different ways you can purchase tickets! With the 6-show flex pass, the passholder can see up to six individual shows, take five friends to one show, or any combination in between! If you can’t see 6 shows, you can still save by purchasing a 3-show pass instead! And of course, individual tickets are available both through The Cultch’s Box Office and at the door.