On Saturday, April 27, The Cultch will celebrate the tradition and culture of Barcelona with FESTA, a special fundraising gala. Set around El dia de la Rosa, or the day of the Rose, FESTA promises an evening of passion, food and revelry. A tribute to Sant Jordi (St. George to anglophones), protector of Catalania and of lovers, the festival is a staple of Spanish culture and is the inspiration behind this year’s event.
Hosted by the CBC’s Margaret Gallagher and actor Jay Brazeau, arriving guests can linger, mix and mingle and enjoy sangria and tapas right off the Historic Theatre! Here’s an exclusive preview of the festivities:
- FESTA will kick off the evening with a Cava Cabaret (CLab) where the Christina Barcelona Quartet will play until 8 pm.
- There will be roving entertainment throughout the Lobby Bar & Founders Lounge. Over 60 bottles of beautiful cava is on stock so there will be copious amounts of bubbles.
- At 8 pm guests will move to the Historic Stage for a fantastic dinner served “en familia” catered by Merchants and Cork & Fin. Long tables of 6 or 12 will fill the stage while guests quaff amazing red and white Spanish wines (or more cava).
- While guests eat and drink – they can sit back and enjoy “pop-up” entertainment from the balcony and special stage!
Live and silent Spanish-themed auction:
- Art by internationally known painters Jamie Evrard and Vicky Marshall,
- Private dinner for 10 (with cocktails and wine) at the legendary Penthouse Nightclub with hosts Aaron Chapman (author of Liquor, Lust & the Law), A burlesque show, lots of stories, an autographed copy of the book and a behind-the-scenes tour.
- Tickets and a meet and greet with Diana Krall
- Airfare and accommodation at a festival in Barcelona this July
- Private dinner for 10 with Espana executive chef Neil Taylor at Barbara-Jo’s Books for Cooks
Following the live auction and dessert, guests can sit back and relax with friends or head back to the Cava Cabaret for mingling, dancing or further revellry with music by one of Vancouver’s best dance bands – The Enablers.
Tickets are $200 ($150 tax receipt) or $150 ($110 tax receipt) and are available now through The Cultch Box Office by phone at 604.251.1363, in person at 1895 Venables Street or online at tickets.thecultch.com. Group tables and sponsorships are also available.