COVID-19 Safety Measures
As an organization, we care deeply about the health and welfare of our patrons, performers, staff, and volunteers. As such, additional precautions are being taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Before we welcome you back, please take the time to read through our new health and safety policies.
- In an effort to minimize the risk of infection, masks are required by all patrons and staff (except those with medical reasons) anytime you’re in the venue and not at your designated seat.
- You will be asked to fill out a declaration of health upon arrival. Anyone who answers “yes” to any of the following questions will be refunded and not permitted inside the facilities:
- Have you, or a member of your household, experienced any flu-like or cold symptoms within the last 14 days? (Click here for the BC CDC symptom list)
- Have you, or members of your household, had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting COVID-19 results within the last 14 days?
- Have you, or members of your household, travelled internationally within the last 14 days, including to the USA?
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL
We are currently operating at reduced capacity. Purchasing tickets in advance for all shows is strongly recommended. The Cultch cannot guarantee ticket availability at the door prior to any show. Advance tickets can be purchased here.
If you feel unwell, please do not come to the theatre, your tickets can be exchanged, put on your account for a future performance, or refunded.
Ticket holders will receive information about The Cultch’s safety measures by email and phone before arriving at the venue. Information will include a link to The Cultch’s COVID-19 guidelines and policies.
ARRIVING AT THE VENUE
You will be asked to verbally declare your health upon arrival. If you answer yes to any of the questions listed above, you and your party will not be permitted entry and your tickets will be refunded:
- When you arrive, please follow the demarcated waiting points and signage.
- Signage is posted throughout the venue to enforce physical distancing and expectations of ticket holders in regards to safety.
- You are expected to wear a mask at all times when not at your seat.
ENTERING THE VENUE
- Cultch staff members will be stationed at entry points to scan in ticket holders and check health declarations.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue and at high touch point areas.
- The Cultch Lobby is reserved as a waiting area for patrons who require the washroom. The lobby floor is marked with socially distant squares for bubble groups or individuals. Our staff will be present to carefully monitor and direct patrons.
- We encourage you to use the washrooms before the start of the show. Patrons who need to use the washrooms midway through a performance may not be granted re-entry.
- While at our venues, patrons are expected to wear a mask unless they have a medical reason for an exemption. Single-use masks will be provided to any patron who needs one.
- Washrooms are subject to strict capacity limits. Please queue in the lobby in the socially distanced marked squares.
- Bar service will not be offered at this time.
- You are encouraged to bring your own reusable water bottle from home.
INSIDE THE THEATRE
- Seating maps in the theatre reflect 6-feet distancing between audience members.
- Patrons will be helped to their socially distanced seats by a Cultch staff. Please be prepared with your seat number when you arrive to help us seat you as quickly as possible.
- Please remain seated once you have found your seats.
- The first seated row of the audience is a minimum of 3 meters from any performer
- Until further notice, programming will not include an intermission.
- While the audience is entering and exiting the theatre, doors will be left open to reduce the number of common touch surfaces. Doors to be opened or closed by The Cultch staff only. Traffic flow will be managed through designated entrances and exits. In the event of an emergency, the audience will be evacuated by the Cultch staff.
- In between performances, all hard surfaces on seats in the theatre (including seatbacks, drink holders, and armrests) will be disinfected.
- If you require the use of the washroom during the show, you may not be readmitted if he Cultch staff member is unable to determine a safe way to do so without compromising the spacing of other guests.